Planning a wedding abroad can be a wonderful way to celebrate your love and bring the family and friends together.
There are many important decisions to make when planning a wedding abroad, but one of the most important is choosing where you want to get married, and adjust the plans accordingly.
To optimize your planning you can use a wedding abroad checklist.
Wedding Abroad Checklist
Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life, and of course you will want it to go flawlessly.
The more you know about planning your wedding abroad the more likely you are to get what you want.
So, let’s dive into it so you can start directing your energy and focus towards the things that will make it happen.
One of the tools that will be a huge help is a wedding abroad checklist.
Wedding Abroad Checklist 101
What is a wedding abroad checklist?
A wedding abroad checklist is a list of things you need to do before and during your wedding in a foreign country to ensure a smooth and memorable day.
Why is a wedding abroad checklist important?
When you are planning a wedding abroad, you need to plan many of the details over the phone while you are potentially halfway across the world.
A wedding abroad checklist is a great way to keep track of the details that need to be planned and the ones that have been completed.
What should be included in a wedding abroad checklist?
A wedding abroad checklist should include all necessary actions and items needed to successfully have a wedding abroad. It should include items such as plane tickets, hotel reservations, venue reservations, legal aspects to consider…
Getting Married Abroad Wedding Checklist
Don’t worry too much about what to include in your checklist.
Here are a collection of useful wedding abroad checklists to use for inspiration:
Abroad wedding checklist
Weddings are a lot of fun, and they promise a lot of excitement.
A lot of excitement means a lot of things to forget.
To-do lists, chores, emails, and phone calls with venue representatives are all part of organizing a wedding abroad.
Staying organized and making final plans for your big day will be much easier if you use our wedding abroad checklist.
Wedding Abroad Checklist PDFs
Wedding Abroad FAQs
What do you need for a wedding abroad?
- A valid 10-year passport that has at least six months before expiration
- Birth certificates in their entirety
- Any name change must be backed up by a deed poll
- If you’re married, a decree absolute is needed
- For those who are widowed: a marriage and death certificate of the deceased spouse
- If you were adopted, you would need the adoption certificate
How do I arrange my marriage abroad?
- Make sure it’s legal
- You may choose between a custom-tailored or general package
- Take use of the services of a wedding planner
- Choose the right season for you
- Consider the weather before making plans
- Make sure you check the ETA of your flight
- Your airline may charge you a fee for additional luggage
- Make a list of all of your legal paperwork
How much does the average wedding cost abroad?
You might also like:
Think I’ve missed a wedding abroad checklist? Or maybe you’ve made your own that isn’t on the list? Just let me know and I’ll add it.
Remember, I didn’t make any of these things, I just collected them. So please thank the creators themselves if you find them useful for your wedding 🙂