Looking for a great 48th anniversary gift or ways to celebrate your marriage? To help, we researched the best gift ideas out there (for him + her) and created this list.
48th Wedding Anniversary: Everything you NEED to know
48th Wedding Anniversary Traditions
- Traditional Gift – N/A
- Contemporary/Modern Gift – Optical Goods
- Gemstone – N/A
- Flower – N/A
- Colour – N/A
Let’s look at these in more detail:
48th Anniversary Traditional Gift – N/A
48th Anniversary Contemporary/Modern Gift – Optical Goods
For couples celebrating their 48th wedding anniversary, high-quality optics are an excellent option. Luxurious enough to express your gratitude while still being interesting enough to please the receivers, there is also a wide range of options available for you to discover something that they will appreciate.
48th Anniversary Gemstone – N/A
48th Anniversary Flower – N/A
48th Anniversary Colour – N/A
How to Celebrate a 48th Anniversary
If you’d like to spend some time away from your usual location, you could plan a brief break based on the modern-day “optical” anniversary concept – for example to a planetarium.
You could also organise for the pair to attend a photographic course where they may learn new skills together. Alternatively, arrange for the couple to go on an astronomy course at an observatory.
48th Anniversary Celebration Ideas
Here are some different ways to celebrate your 48th wedding anniversary:
- Three-course candlelit dinner.
- Luxury afternoon coffee for two.
- Relaxing spa day for two.
- Boutique hotel and wine tasting.
- On the optical theme… unfortunately, the Hubble Space Telescope is not open to the public, but you could still plan a visit to a planetarium – for example, the largest in the world, at Nagoya City Science Museum (Japan).
- Visit L’Hemisfèric in Valencia’s City of Arts and Sciences (Spain), to view spectacular digital astronomical projections.
- If travel is not an option this year, buy a telescope and share many contented hours star-gazing together.
48th Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas
Looking for gift ideas to celebrate a 48th year anniversary? Here’s some ideas:
If you choose optical items as a 48th wedding anniversary present, you might buy your spouse stylish new prescription glasses or a nice pair of designer sunglasses.
What about a pair of stylish sunglasses for each partner? A designer pair will last them for years and will perfectly convey your esteem through the luxury nature of the gift. Alternatively, why not give something equally practical but even more impressive, such as a telescope or a new camera?
Because there are no distinctive flowers or gemstones associated with 48 years of marriage, surprise them with their own favourite.
48th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Him
- A pair of stylish sunglasses
- A telescope or a new camera
- A photographic course
- Go to an observatory for a course on spotting planets and stars
48th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for Her
- A pair of stylish sunglasses
- A glass vase
- A decorative glass ornament or even
- Stylish ceramic bowls
48th Wedding Anniversary FAQs
Got questions about your 48th year wedding anniversary? We’ve got you covered:
What is the 48th wedding anniversary called?
The 48th wedding anniversary does not have a name associated with it, but it could be named the Optical Goods Anniversary.
What is the 48th wedding anniversary gemstone?
There is no gemstone associated with the 48th wedding anniversary.
What is the 48th wedding anniversary symbol?
The 48th wedding anniversary does not have a traditional symbol, but the theme is the optical goods.
What is the 48th wedding anniversary colour?
The 48th wedding anniversary has no symbolic colour associated with it.
What are the traditional and modern gifts for a 48th wedding anniversary?
There is no traditional gift for the 48th wedding anniversary, but the modern one is optical goods.
What is the 48th year anniversary flower?
There is no flower associated with a 48th wedding anniversary.