In this guide, you will learn everything you need to know about planning or attending a destination wedding in Anguilla.
Weddings in Anguilla: What You Need To Know
If you’re dreaming of a destination wedding with white sand beaches, stunning turquoise waters and lush greenery, then Anguilla may be the perfect place for you.
This tiny Caribbean island is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, and its friendly locals and laid-back atmosphere make it a truly unique destination.
While Anguilla does have a few resorts, it’s also possible to rent a villa for your wedding party, giving you complete privacy and exclusivity on your big day.
And with so many activities to enjoy, from sailing and snorkeling to golf and spa treatments, your guests will surely have a memorable time.
So if you’re looking for a truly idyllic setting for your destination wedding, be sure to consider Anguilla.
But first: you need to know where in the world Anguilla is…
Where is Anguilla?
Anguilla is a British overseas territory and an island in the eastern Caribbean Sea. It is located roughly 12 miles (19 km) north of the island of Saint Martin and 60 miles (100 km) northwest of Saint Kitts. It is the most northerly of the Leeward Islands in the Lesser Antilles.
The Valley is the main settlement and the island’s administrative hub. Anguilla is a well-liked vacation spot known for its laid-back vibe and stunning beaches and waterways. A 35 square mile area (91 square km). Pop. 14,254 (as of 2006).
Anguilla Facts To Know:
- Language: English, Creole Dialect
- Currency: East Caribbean Dollar (XCD)
- Airports: Clayton J. Lloyd Int’l Airport (AXA)
- Official Tourism Website: https://ivisitanguilla.com/
- Driving side: Left
Below you will find some more useful information about visiting Anguilla for your special day:
4 Tips for Planning a Destination Wedding in Anguilla
Planning a wedding can be stressful. Planning a destination wedding can be even more stressful!
But it doesn’t have to be. Here are some tips and things you need to know for planning a destination wedding in Anguilla:
1. Choose a date that works for both you and your guests
Choosing a wedding date can be a daunting task, whether you are planning on getting married in Anguilla or closer to home.
You want to make sure that you pick a date that works for both you and your guests.
Here are some tips to help you choose the perfect wedding date:
- How To Pick A Date For A Wedding?
- When To Send Out Save The Date For Wedding?
- How To Write Date On Wedding Invitation?
2. Decide on a budget
When it comes to having a Anguilla wedding, there are a lot of different factors that come into play – from the guest list to the venue.
But one of the most important decisions you’ll make is how much you’re willing to spend.
Here are some tips on how to decide on a budget for your wedding:
- How To Plan A Wedding On A Budget?
- What Is A Good Wedding Budget?
- How To Decorate A Wedding Reception Hall On A Budget?
3. Find a venue that fits your vision and budget
No one ever said wedding planning was easy. In fact, it can often feel downright daunting.
Here’s some useful resources for finding a wedding venue in Anguilla:
4. Hire a wedding planner to take care of the details
A wedding planner can take care of everything for you, from booking vendors to creating a timeline for the day.
Here are some tips on how to find and hire the right planner for your big day in Anguilla
Anguilla Weddings: Key Information
Getting married abroad is a big decision. There’s a lot of things you need to be aware of if you want your big day to run smoothly.
To help, we have put together some useful information about getting married in Anguilla:
- What is the average cost of a wedding in Anguilla?
- What are the marriage requirements for Anguilla?
- What is the weather like in Anguilla?
- What should you pack for a trip to Anguilla?
- What things are there to do in Anguilla?
- What are the best Anguilla wedding venues?
Read on to find out more:
How Much Does a Wedding in Anguilla Cost?
The cost of getting married in Anguilla is $280.86 (US Dollars).
Couples wishing to marry on the island should obtain a Marriage License from the Judicial Department, open weekdays between 8:30am and 2:30pm.
The cost is US$280.86. Both parties must present proof of identity (valid passport, birth certificate etc). If divorced, the original decree must be presented.
Legal Requirements for Getting Married in Anguilla
Those who want to get married on the island should:
- Apply for a marriage license at the Judicial Department, which is open on weekdays from 8:30am to 2:30pm, two days before the wedding.
- The license costs US $280.86 plus $37.20 in Anguilla postage stamps purchased at the neighborhood post office.
- Both parties must provide identification (valid passport or original birth certificate and valid drivers license)
- The original Decree Absolute must be shown if the parties were divorced.
- When a former spouse passes away, the original death certificate and a certified English copy must be provided.
- The wedding must be performed in front of two witnesses.
- The parties’ consent must be given if they are under the age of 18.
- Additionally, both partners must stay in residence for 48 hours.
Couples would need the following in addition to the aforementioned if getting married in a Catholic church:
- Confirmation papers
- Baptismal certificate
- Freedom to Marry papers
- Pre Cana course
- 3-6 months advance notice
For further inquiries about getting married in Anguilla, please contact the Judicial Department at telephone: (264) 497-2377/3347.
What Is The Weather Like in Anguilla?
The ideal months to visit Anguilla are from December to April, when temperatures are a little cooler and it’s not hurricane season. The driest months are mainly February and March. There is often less rain in the summer months of June and July than there is in August, and there is also less chance of hurricanes.
What should you pack for your trip?
Bring lightweight clothing, as well as a thin sweater or sweatshirt for the evening and the breeze, from December to April.
Bring airy, loose-fitting clothing from May to November, as well as perhaps a light sweatshirt and a light raincoat in case of thunderstorms.
You can carry snorkeling gear, such as water shoes or rubber-soled shoes, when you visit the reef.
Anguilla Weather By Month
Below you will find some useful information and handy tables of weather information to help you pick the best month to visit Anguilla:
Average Temperatures in Anguilla
The table below shows the average temperatures in Anguilla each month:
|Month||Min (°C)||Max (°C)||Mean (°C)||Min (°F)||Max (°F)||Mean (°F)|
Average Rainfall in Anguilla
The table below shows the average rainfall in Anguilla each month:
Sunshine Hours in Anguilla
The table below shows the average sunshine hours in Anguilla each month:
Sea Temperatures in Anguilla
The table below shows the average sea temperatures in Anguilla each month:
|Month||Celsius (°C)||Fahrenheit (°F)|
What To Wear in Anguilla? (Packing Tips)
It can be difficult to know what to pack for your vacation. However, there are a few things you should keep in mind when preparing for your trip.
We’ve put together some tips on what to wear in Anguilla so that you can make the most of your time there.
- A comfortable pair of shoes: Anguilla is a mostly sandy island with some rocky areas. You’ll want a comfortable pair of shoes to explore all the beaches and hiking trails.
- A hat or sunglasses: The sun is strong in Anguilla. Be sure to pack a hat or sunglasses to protect your eyes.
- Sunscreen: Don’t forget sunscreen! The ultraviolet index is high in Anguilla, so be sure to apply sunscreen regularly.
- Beachwear: Anguilla is all about beach life. Pack your swimsuit, beach towel, and any other beach gear you need.
- Camera: Anguilla is incredibly photogenic. Be sure to bring along a camera to capture all the memories.
- Passport: Other essential items to pack include a valid passport and any necessary visas.
- Travel insurance: Make sure you have travel insurance that will cover you in case of any medical emergencies or lost baggage.
- Chargers: Also, be sure to bring along any chargers and travel power adapters you’ll need for your electronic devices.
- First-aid kit: It is also a good idea to pack a first-aid kit, in case of any minor injuries, and also any essential medications.
Things to Do in Anguilla
There are many different things to do in Anguilla, no matter what time of year you visit.
Here is a list of some of the top activities to enjoy during your stay:
- Little Bay
- Prickly Pear Cays
- Shoal Bay
- Rendezvous Bay Beach
- Sandy Island
- Shoal Bay
- Maundays Bay
- Meads Bay
- Rendezvous Bay Beach
- Little Bay
- Anguilla – Discovery Speed Boat tour
- Anguilla and Prickly Pear Cays day trip
- Private Speedboat Charter: St Maarten to Anguilla
- Private Full-Day Cruise of St. Martin and Anguilla
- Anguilla Day Trip from St Maarten: Catamaran Sail to Shoal Bay
Best Anguilla Wedding Venues & Hotels
With so many stunning locations to choose from, how do you know which is the best wedding venue in Anguilla?
Here are our picks for the top spots to tie the knot, as well as hotels to stay in:
Wedding Venues in Anguilla
- Beaches Edge Anguilla Villas
- Santosha Villa Estate
- Frangipani Beach Resort
- Villas at Sheriva
- Malliouhana, An Auberge Resorts Collection
- Cap Juluca
Hotels in Anguilla
- Grand Bavaro Princess
- Be Live Experience Hamaca Garden
- Impressive Punta Cana
- Caribe Deluxe Princess
- Catalonia Punta Cana
- Riu Republica