In this guide, you will learn everything you need to know about planning or attending a destination wedding in Oregon.
Weddings in Oregon: What You Need To Know
If you’re looking for a breathtaking setting for your destination wedding, look no further than Oregon.
With its towering mountains, pristine beaches, and verdant forests, Oregon offers endless opportunities for unforgettable nuptials.
And with its mild climate, Oregon is a great choice for couples looking to escape the heat of a summer wedding.
Also, Oregon is known for its incredible seafood, so if you’re looking to treat your guests to an amazing meal, this is the state for you.
Whether you’re exchanging vows in front of a roaring fireplace at a rustic lodge or exchanging rings beneath the stars on a secluded beach, Oregon is sure to offer the perfect backdrop for your big day.
So if you’re searching for the perfect place to tie the knot, consider making Oregon your destination.
But first: you need to know where in the world Oregon is…
Where is Oregon?
Oregon is a state located in the northwest of the United States. Oregon is bordered by Washington state to the north, Idaho to the east, Nevada and California to the south, and the Pacific Ocean to the west.
Area: 98,379 sq mi (254,800 sq km), Population: (2020) 4,237,256, Capital: Salem.
Oregon Facts To Know:
- Language: English
- Currency: U.S. dollar (USD)
- Airports: Portland International Airport (PDX), Rogue Valley International–Medford Airport (MFR)
- Official Tourism Website: https://traveloregon.com/
- Driving side: Right
Below you will find some more useful information about visiting Oregon for your special day:
4 Tips for Planning a Destination Wedding in Oregon
Planning a wedding can be stressful. Planning a destination wedding can be even more stressful!
But it doesn’t have to be. Here are some tips and things you need to know for planning a destination wedding in Oregon:
1. Choose a date that works for both you and your guests
Choosing a wedding date can be a daunting task, whether you are planning on getting married in Oregon or closer to home.
You want to make sure that you pick a date that works for both you and your guests.
Here are some tips to help you choose the perfect wedding date:
- How To Pick A Date For A Wedding?
- When To Send Out Save The Date For Wedding?
- How To Write Date On Wedding Invitation?
2. Decide on a budget
When it comes to having an Oregon wedding, there are a lot of different factors that come into play – from the guest list to the venue.
But one of the most important decisions you’ll make is how much you’re willing to spend.
Here are some tips on how to decide on a budget for your wedding:
- How To Plan A Wedding On A Budget?
- What Is A Good Wedding Budget?
- How To Decorate A Wedding Reception Hall On A Budget?
3. Find a venue that fits your vision and budget
No one ever said wedding planning was easy. In fact, it can often feel downright daunting.
Here’s some useful resources for finding a wedding venue in Oregon:
4. Hire a wedding planner to take care of the details
A wedding planner can take care of everything for you, from booking vendors to creating a timeline for the day.
Here are some tips on how to find and hire the right planner for your big day in Oregon
Oregon Weddings: Key Information
Getting married abroad is a big decision. There’s a lot of things you need to be aware of if you want your big day to run smoothly.
To help, we have put together some useful information about getting married in Oregon:
- What is the average cost of a wedding in Oregon?
- What are the marriage requirements for Oregon?
- What is the weather like in Oregon?
- What should you pack for a trip to Oregon?
- What things are there to do in Oregon?
- What are the best Oregon wedding venues?
Read on to find out more:
How Much Does a Wedding in Oregon Cost?
Marriage license cost in Oregon is $60.
Both parties must come in person and present proof of identity – a picture ID with date of birth like a driver’s license, state ID card, or valid passport.
A birth certificate is also required.
Legal Requirements for Getting Married in Oregon
- To apply for a marriage license, one must be at least 18 years old.
- Two witnesses are needed at the ceremony, who must be at least 18 years old.
- The license is valid for 60 days from the issue date, and there is a 3-day waiting period.
- A marriage license cannot be obtained without the presence of both parties.
- When applying for a marriage license, you will need to provide a photo identification that proves your identity and age, and a Birth Record.
- Blood tests are not required.
- An Oregon marriage license can be used anywhere in the State of Oregon.
- There is no restriction for foreign people marrying in Oregon, provided that they are in the country legally and get the proper marriage licenses.
- All additional documents (like a certified copy of your birth certificate) need to be translated into English.
- Before making any wedding or travel preparations, make sure you have all the paperwork needed for your marriage to be recognized in your home country by checking with the local county clerk or marriage official where you intend to marry.
- What you need to have in your possession before leaving the country is a legal document that can confirm that your marriage is legitimate and has been registered – the marriage certificate.
What Is The Weather Like in Oregon?
The summer is the greatest season to visit the coast and the mountains since it has the lowest average temperatures and the least amount of precipitation throughout the course of the year. In the Willamette Valley and especially in the dry areas of the central east, where summers can get very hot, you can choose to go in the intermediate seasons.
What should you pack for your trip?
Walking shoes are ideal for everyday usage, as are sandals for the beach and durable boots for the outdoors. It is often windy, so be sure to pack a hat.
If you want to explore Oregon in the winter, it is important to bring a lot of warm clothing. If you plan on spending time outdoors, you should definitely dress in layers that include cozy sweaters and long-sleeved tops. In addition, you should have some fuzzy socks, a nice winter coat, and some warm shoes or boots.
Oregon Weather By Month
Below you will find some useful information and handy tables of weather information to help you pick the best month to visit Oregon:
Average Temperatures in Oregon
The table below shows the average temperatures in Oregon each month:
|Month||Min (°C)||Max (°C)||Mean (°C)||Min (°F)||Max (°F)||Mean (°F)|
Average Rainfall in Oregon
The table below shows the average rainfall in Oregon each month:
Sunshine Hours in Oregon
The table below shows the average sunshine hours in Oregon each month:
Sea Temperatures in Oregon
The table below shows the average sea temperatures in Oregon each month:
|Month||Celsius (°C)||Fahrenheit (°F)|
What To Wear in Oregon? (Packing Tips)
It can be difficult to know what to pack for your vacation. However, there are a few things you should keep in mind when preparing for your trip.
We’ve put together some tips on what to wear in New York so that you can make the most of your time there.
- Make sure to pack plenty of layers, as the weather can be unpredictable.
- Comfortable shoes: You’ll want to pack comfortable shoes for walking, hiking, or any other activities you have planned.
- Rain jacket: A waterproof jacket is also a good idea, as Oregon is known for its wet weather.
- Camera: Don’t forget to pack your camera – there are plenty of photo opportunities in Oregon!
- Sunscreen: If you are planning on doing any hiking or outdoor activities, make sure to pack sunscreen.
- Hat and sunglasses: A hat and sunglasses will help you in the hot Oregon sunshine.
- Passport: Other essential items to pack include a valid passport and any necessary visas.
- Travel insurance: Make sure you have travel insurance that will cover you in case of any medical emergencies or lost baggage.
- Chargers: Also, be sure to bring along any chargers and travel power adapters you’ll need for your electronic devices.
- First-aid kit: It is also a good idea to pack a first-aid kit, in case of any minor injuries, and also any essential medications.
Things to Do in Oregon
There are many different things to do in Oregon, no matter what time of year you visit.
Here is a list of some of the top activities to enjoy during your stay:
- Crater Lake National Park
- Yaquina Head Outstanding Natural Area
- Columbia River Gorge
- Pittock Mansion
- Haystack Rock
- High Desert Museum
- Astoria Column
- International Rose Test Garden
- Portland Japanese Garden
- Mount Hood National Forest
- Smith Rock State Park
Best Oregon Wedding Venues & Hotels
With so many stunning locations to choose from, how do you know which is the best wedding venue in Oregon?
Here are our picks for the top spots to tie the knot, as well as hotels to stay in:
Wedding Venues in Oregon
- Crook Point in Pistol River
- Evergreen Events in McMinnville
- Opal 28 in Portland
- Ecotrust in Portland
- Pronghorn in Bend
- Hotel Monaco Portland
- Mt. Hood Adventure Park at Skibowl in Government Camp
- Inn at Spanish Head Resort Hotel in Lincoln City
- The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel | Portland, Oregon
- Jacobsen Salt in Portland
- Coopers Hall in Portland
- Elope in the Oregon forest or at the coast
Hotels in Oregon
- Inn at Cannon Beach
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites – Bend
- The Independence Hotel
- SCP Redmond Hotel
- Overleaf Lodge – Yachats
- GrandStay Hotel & Suites – Sisters
- TownePlace Suites – Beaverton
- Atticus Hotel – McMinnville
- Hampton Inn & Suites – Roseburg