In this guide, you will learn everything you need to know about planning or attending a destination wedding in Turks and Caicos.
Weddings in Turks and Caicos: What You Need To Know
If you’re looking for a breathtaking destination for your wedding, look no further than Turks and Caicos.
This group of tropical islands offers everything you could possibly want for a romantic and memorable event: stunning white sand beaches, crystal clear turquoise waters and year-round sunshine.
You and your guests will be blown away by the natural beauty of this corner of the world.
And with a variety of accommodation options available, from luxurious resorts to intimate villas, you’re sure to find the perfect place to celebrate your love.
Whether you’re planning a small gathering or a lavish affair, a destination wedding in the Turks and Caicos is sure to create memories that will last a lifetime.
So start planning your dream wedding today and let the Turks and Caicos Islands be your backdrop for the most important day of your life.
But first: you need to know where in the world Turks and Caicos is…
Where are Turks and Caicos?
The Turks and Caicos Islands are a British Overseas Territory located at the southeastern end of The Bahamas in northern West Indies. They consist of the larger Caicos Islands and smaller Turks Islands in the Lucayan Archipelago of the Atlantic Ocean.
Area: 366 sq mi (948 km2), Population: (2020 est.) 44,542, Capital: Cockburn Town on Grand Turk Island.
Turks and Caicos Facts To Know:
- Language: English
- Currency: U.S. dollar (USD)
- Airports: Providenciales International Airport (PLS), JAGS McCartney International Airport (GDT)
- Official Tourism Website:https://turksandcaicostourism.com/
- Driving side: Left
Below you will find some more useful information about visiting Turks and Caicos for your special day:
4 Tips for Planning a Destination Wedding in Turks and Caicos
Planning a wedding can be stressful. Planning a destination wedding can be even more stressful!
But it doesn’t have to be. Here are some tips and things you need to know for planning a destination wedding in Turks and Caicos:
1. Choose a date that works for both you and your guests
Choosing a wedding date can be a daunting task, whether you are planning on getting married in Turks and Caicos or closer to home.
You want to make sure that you pick a date that works for both you and your guests.
Here are some tips to help you choose the perfect wedding date:
- How To Pick A Date For A Wedding?
- When To Send Out Save The Date For Wedding?
- How To Write Date On Wedding Invitation?
2. Decide on a budget
When it comes to having a Turks and Caicos wedding, there are a lot of different factors that come into play – from the guest list to the venue.
But one of the most important decisions you’ll make is how much you’re willing to spend.
Here are some tips on how to decide on a budget for your wedding:
- How To Plan A Wedding On A Budget?
- What Is A Good Wedding Budget?
- How To Decorate A Wedding Reception Hall On A Budget?
3. Find a venue that fits your vision and budget
No one ever said wedding planning was easy. In fact, it can often feel downright daunting.
Here’s some useful resources for finding a wedding venue in Turks and Caicos:
4. Hire a wedding planner to take care of the details
A wedding planner can take care of everything for you, from booking vendors to creating a timeline for the day.
Here are some tips on how to find and hire the right planner for your big day in Turks and Caicos
Turks and Caicos Weddings: Key Information
Getting married abroad is a big decision. There’s a lot of things you need to be aware of if you want your big day to run smoothly.
To help, we have put together some useful information about getting married in Turks and Caicos:
- What is the average cost of a wedding in Turks and Caicos?
- What are the marriage requirements for Turks and Caicos?
- What is the weather like in Turks and Caicos?
- What should you pack for a trip to Turks and Caicos?
- What things are there to do in Turks and Caicos?
- What are the best Turks and Caicos wedding venues?
Read on to find out more:
How Much Does a Wedding in Turks and Caicos Cost?
In Turks and Caicos, the application fee for getting married is $250.
Legal Requirements for Getting Married in Turks and Caicos
When applying for a marriage license, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Valid passport.
- Birth certificate.
- If you have already been married, provide the relevant documentation to demonstrate that you are either divorced or widowed.
- Certificate of no impediment.
- Copy of TCI immigration arrival and departure stamp.
- Marriage license application.
- Affidavit of single status from the home country.
- Name change document – generally all names on all documents need to match (including your parents’ names), otherwise proof of name change needs to be shown.
Other legal requirements are:
- To apply for a marriage license, one must be at least 21 years old.
- 2 witnesses are required.
- Prior to submitting the license application, both parties must have spent at least 24 hours in the Turks and Caicos Islands. The ceremony may take place no sooner than 48 hours after the license has been issued.
- All documents that are not in English need to be translated into English, notarized and sealed.
- Before making any wedding or travel preparations, make sure you have all the paperwork needed for your marriage to be recognized in your home country by checking with the local county clerk or marriage official where you intend to marry.
- What you need to have in your possession before leaving the country is a legal document that can confirm that your marriage is legitimate and has been registered – the marriage certificate.
For further information you can call the Registrar general’s office for Turks & Caicos islands on the following number: 649-946-2801, or visit their official website.
What Is The Weather Like in Turks and Caicos?
The months of May to October are the warmest and most humid, while September to December are relatively wet, however the rains are generally in the form of afternoon or evening downpours or thunderstorms that do not last long.
During the months of December through March, there are some days that may be a little bit chilly and windy, but they typically are not to the point that they are disruptive to people who are on the beach. Therefore, the optimum time to go is between the months of January and April, with April being the most ideal month overall.
What should you pack for your trip?
December through April pack light clothing, along with a sweater for the cooler evenings.
Between the months of May and November pack light, tropics-appropriate clothes, along with potentially a light sweater and a light raincoat in case there are thunderstorms.
Turks and Caicos Weather By Month
Below you will find some useful information and handy tables of weather information to help you pick the best month to visit Turks and Caicos:
Average Temperatures in Turks and Caicos
The table below shows the average temperatures in Turks and Caicos each month:
|Month||Min (°C)||Max (°C)||Mean (°C)||Min (°F)||Max (°F)||Mean (°F)|
Average Rainfall in Turks and Caicos
The table below shows the average rainfall in Turks and Caicos each month:
Sunshine Hours in Turks and Caicos
The table below shows the average sunshine hours in Turks and Caicos each month:
Sea Temperatures in Turks and Caicos
The table below shows the average sea temperatures in Turks and Caicos each month:
|Month||Celsius (°C)||Fahrenheit (°F)|
What To Wear in Turks and Caicos? (Packing Tips)
It can be difficult to know what to pack for your vacation. However, there are a few things you should keep in mind when preparing for your trip.
We’ve put together some tips on what to wear in Turks and Caicos so that you can make the most of your time there.
- Pack light and airy clothing made from natural fibers like cotton, as the climate is warm and humid.
- Hat or sunglasses: The sun is strong in Turks and Caicos. Be sure to pack a hat or sunglasses to protect your eyes.
- Sunscreen: Don’t forget sunscreen!
- Beachwear: Turks and Caicos is all about beach life. Pack your swimsuit, beach towel, and any other beach gear you need.
- Insect repellent: Pack insect repellent, as mosquitoes can be a problem in some areas.
- A camera: With its lush landscapes and abundance of wildlife, Turks and Caicos is truly a photographer’s paradise. So pack your gear and get ready to capture some amazing shots.
- Hiking shoes: You will need a good pair of hiking shoes. Whether you’re exploring the rain forest or trekking up a volcano, there will be plenty of opportunities to lace up your boots and hit the trails.
- Passport: Other essential items to pack include a valid passport and any necessary visas.
- Travel insurance: Make sure you have travel insurance that will cover you in case of any medical emergencies or lost baggage.
- Chargers: Also, be sure to bring along any chargers and travel power adapters you’ll need for your electronic devices.
- First-aid kit: It is also a good idea to pack a first-aid kit, in case of any minor injuries, and also any essential medications.
Things to Do in Turks and Caicos
There are many different things to do in Turks and Caicos, no matter what time of year you visit.
Here is a list of some of the top activities to enjoy during your stay:
- Taylor Bay Beach
- Smith’s Reef
- Grace Bay Beach
- Chalk Sound
- Sapodilla Bay Beach
- Leeward Beach
- Bight Reef
- Governor’s Beach
- Turk’s Head Brewery
- Turks & Caicos National Museum
- Cheshire Hall Plantation
- Conch Bar Caves
- Mudjin Harbor
Best Turks and Caicos Wedding Venues & Hotels
With so many stunning locations to choose from, how do you know which is the best wedding venue in Turks and Caicos?
Here are our picks for the top spots to tie the knot, as well as hotels to stay in:
Wedding Venues in Turks and Caicos
- COMO Parrot Cay
- Grace Bay Club
- Windsong Resort
- Alexandra Resort
- Salacia Luxury Villa
- Three Dolphins Villa
- Blue Haven Resort
- Mudjin Harbor
Hotels in Turks and Caicos
- Hollywood Beach Suites Turks and Caicos – Whitby
- The Oasis at Grace Bay – Grace Bay
- Neptune Villas – Five Cays Settlement
- H2O LifeStyle Resort – Long Bay Hills
- Sailrock Resort – Oceanview Villas & Suites – South Caicos
- Le Vele Resort – Grace Bay
- Villa Islander – Providenciales
- Zenza Boutique Hotel – Providenciales